Welcome to Saguaro Materials !
Our focus is on bringing Biofuels to you, most companies building Biodiesel reactors are solely focused on the production of Bio Diesel (B-100) from Waste Vegetable Oil (WVO) for your needs. We are going a step further with our approach and providing smaller systems for emergency power, Diesel vehicles, equipment and other emergency or off grid living. We are developing systems for Algal (algae) oil, which also can be used to feed your own aqua culture, garden, live stock and used as health supplements for your "Green" lifestyle.
FACTS ABOUT BIO DIESEL:
- Statistics say the the U.S. consumes 25% of the produces world's oil but only has 4% of the worlds population.
- Bio diesel is a clean burning fuel made out of increasingly diverse materials including used cooking oil and domestic, renewable resources such as plant oils, animal fats and even new sources such as algae.
- Bio diesel is made through a chemical process called trans-esterfication (mixed with methanol and Caustic soda or Potassium Hydroxide) whereby the glycerin is separated from the fat of vegetable oil. The process created bio diesel and a glycerin by-product which is often used to make handcrafted soaps and other products.
- With less than a decade of commercial-scale production, the industry is proud of careful approach to growth and strong focus on sustainability. Production has increased from about 25 million gallons in the early 2000's to almost 1.1 billion gallons in 2012. This represents a small but growing component of the annual U.S on-road diesel market of about 35 to 40 billion gallons.
- Consistent with the projected feedstock availability, the industry has established a goal of producing about 10 percent of the diesel transportation market by 2022.
- It can be used in existing diesel engines without modification and is covered by all major engine manufacturers' warranties. the lubricating properties of the bio diesel may lengthen the lifetime of the engines.
- The department of energy has qualified bio diesel as the fasted growing alternative fuel in the country and it is one of the most truly tested alternative fuels on the market, it is a quick and low cost option.